Hello, I am Lennox, a keen photographer who is 13 years old. I got into photography about two years ago, and I have been taking photos ever since. My favourite things to take pictures of is either an incredible sunrise or sunset, or my lovely dog called Scout. The biggest mistake that I have ever made was the time I went out to my garden to take some photos, and all I could see through the viewfinder was black! I was adjusting the settings to see what was wrong, and then I realised that I forgot to take off the lens cap! Whoops!
Here are some tips so you can take better photos:
- Make sure your lens is clean. This is really important, especially for phone cameras. A dirty lens can mess up a great photo, so make sure to carry a cleaning cloth with your camera!
- Take your time. It is important to take you time, and take lots of photos. This way you can select the best photo later, and delete the rest.
- Know about what you are taking photos of. If you know a bit about what you are taking photos of, you will know what to focus on, and what to emphasise in your photo.
- Edit your photos. Most photo apps on computers have a built in editor. In editing, you can change lots of things, like how colourful the photos are, and what the lighting is like. This can turn an average photo into a great one!
- Make a photo gallery. Print out your best photos, and stick them up on the wall, so you can be proud of your achievements!
Here are some of my best shots: