Wild Things 149
Your questions answered
All the content of this magazine has come from questions asked by KCC kids, families and groups!
- Why are violet shells purple coloured?
- Why is the baby crayfish I found transparent?
- What is the lifecycle of kōura and why aren’t they in places they used to be common?
- Do native skinks bite if held or bothered?
- How do tuatara find their mate and what do they eat?
- How many legs do NZ peripatus have?
- How do kiwi not sneeze when their beaks go in the ground?
- How can we help with the conservation of kiwi?
- Which birds like what plants and what do kākā eat?
- How do pīwakawaka make their nests?
- How do plants grow on rocks and how many different plant types are there in NZ?
- How do plants become poisonous?
- How do plants grow from seeds?
- What’s the oldest living plant in NZ and what is done to protect it?