Trees are so good for us. They…
- Help with climate change, make oxygen, and clean the air
- Are a habitat (home) for wild life, and are beautiful and fun
- Hold stories, meaning, and memories
- Make us feel safe and well and bring us together
- Stop soil erosion
- Give us food and resources, and shade and shelter
- Mark the seasons
- And so much more!
Join in with the Kiwi Conservation Club’s nationwide ‘Be With a Tree’ Week (4-10 June 2018) to show your appreciation for our fantastic NZ trees.
Visit a tree, or trees, in your community with the people you care about. Go for a short time, or make a day of it – picnic anyone? Make sure though to follow the rules around trees in your area whilst doing so.
Help us make a record of all the trees visited around the country too at: www.inaturalist.org/projects/be-with-a-tree-week
OR tag a photo of your tree (or you with your tree) on Facebook or Instagram with #BeWithATree
Tell your whānau, friends, and school, and let’s try and make this celebration as big as SeaWeek! Download and print the poster to share.
Thanks Alamay, Isabella and Kevin for helping us make our video!