Arthur’s Pass Summer Programme08/01/2018 - 14/01/2018
Arthur's Pass Canterbury
Bookings Not Essential
The Arthur’s Pass community, supported by the Arthur’s Pass Wildlife Trust, North Canterbury Forest & Bird, and the Department of Conservation invites KCC members to attend the Arthur’s Pass summer programme, running from Monday 8 January until Sunday 14th.
Key events include:
- Monday 8th and Thursday 11th 9.30pm – Kiwi listening: Locals Nic Menary and Geoff Keey will take you for a walk close to the village to listen to our great spotted kiwi. Bring your raincoat and warm gear plus a head-torch. 10-15 minute briefing, plus 45 minute walk.
- Tuesday 9th 2.00pm – Planting our Future – making pot plants to take home with our fabulously creative local, Fiona Neale.
- Learn from Arthurs Pass Wildlife Trustee, Graeme Kates, how to track kiwi and how the local community use tracking devices to help protect the great spotted kiwi.
- Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th starting 10am – Help clear lupins from Arthurs Pass.
- Saturday 13th 6.00pm onwards – Join in a community BBQ on – bring something to share and something to sizzle on the BBQ.
For more information/updates check the Arthurs Pass Summer Programme Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/pg/apsummerprogramme/
Accommodation is available via the North Canterbury Branch if you need a place to stay. Cost $20 per night. Spaces are limited though so we urge you to contact the North Canterbury Branch if you want to book a bed. Contact Renee Habluetzel on 021 394 776 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join this event, please bring an adult who is responsible for you!